ISO CERTIFICATE 14001:2015 (STANDARD -IAF)
WE BELIEVE IN BEST QUALITY SERVICES
ISO CERTIFICATION 14001:2015(ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM )
The ISO 14001 standard requires that a community or organization put in place and implement a series of practices and procedures that, when taken together, result in an environmental management system. ISO 14001 is not a technical standard and as such does not in any way replace technical requirements embodied in statutes or regulations. It also does not set prescribed standards of performance for organizations. The major requirements of an EMS under ISO 14001 include:
A policy statement which includes commitments to prevention of pollution, continual improvement of the EMS leading to improvements in overall environmental performance, and compliance with all applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Identification of all aspects of the community organization’s activities, products, and services that could have a significant impact on the enviromment, including those that are not regulated
- Setting peformance objectives and targets for the management system which link back to the three comitments established in the community or organization’s policy (i.e. prevention of pollution, continual impovement, and compliance)
- Implementing the EMS to meet these objectives. This includes activities like training of employees, establishing work instructions and practices, and establishing the actual metrics by which the objectives and targets will be measured.
- Establishing a program to periodically audit the operation of the EMS
- Checking and taking corrective and preventive actions when deviations from the EMS occur, including periodically evaluating the organization’s compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Undertaking periodic reviews of the EMS by top management to ensure its continuing performance and making adjustements to it, as necessary.
Benefits of ISO 14001:2015 Certification
- Improvements in overall environmental performance and compliance
- Provide a framework for using pollution prevention practices to meet EMS objectives
- Increased efficiency and potential cost savings when managing environmental obligagtions
- Promote predictability and consistency in managing environmental obligations
- More effective targeting of scarce environmental management resources
- Enhance public posture with outside stakeholders